We are yet to Completely Defeat Boko Haram– Buhari

Haram

Contrary to recent claims by the Nigerian military that the Boko Haram had been completely defeated, President Muhammadu Buhari said on Tuesday that the war is not yet over.

Mr. Buhari gave the indication on his twitter handle, although expressing confidence that the terrorist group would soon be defeated.

“Part of our success story in the Northeast is that Boko Haram is finding it more difficult to recruit people. The Nigerian Army is intensifying its onslaught,” he said.

“I am confident that we will soon achieve our goal of dismembering the group and rendering it completely powerless,” he added.

This is coming barely a week after the theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas, assured Nigerians that the insurgents had been completely vanquished.

General Nicholas said, “My soldiers are in the heart of Boko Haram enclave that is Camp Zairo. The gallant troops have taken total control of Sambisa forest. We have broken the heart and soul of Shekau’s group, taking over the camp and its environs.

“They are on the run and we are pursuing them to wherever they go. This time around there is no place for escape anywhere.”

The Buhari’s administration has come to be known with different victory cliches against Boko Haram, from ‘decimated’ to ‘technically defeated‘ and more recently. ‘completely defeated’.”

Be the first to comment on "We are yet to Completely Defeat Boko Haram– Buhari"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.




Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com